Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Miscellany


The hubs, the kid, and I are finally getting out of the house on the weekends and seeing Germany. This weekend, we went to a Thanksgiving farmer's market in Ramstein-Misenbach. It was great. We're really fortunate to be stationed here and we haven't taken advantage of the travel opportunities available at all. The hubs is going away for training, so next week, the kid, a friend, her kid, and I are all going to Frankfurt to check out the zoo. I'm really excited. I keep checking the newspapers for things going on locally in the community. Germany is such a beautiful country.

Greta van der Rol's The Iron Admiral: Deception is out and you should get it. As soon as I finish, I'll do a review post, but already, I can tell you that Admiral Saahren is seriously hot (I absolutely love manly men, and he is definitely a manly man) and that the first eight chapters are so intense that I didn't breathe much while I read.

We recently tried plain old grilled hamburgers (prepare the ground beef with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and an egg) topped with sliced bleu cheese. Delicious! I also recently made this Smothered Chicken recipe, which was so good. This summer, the husband mentioned that he was getting bored with our regular menu, and I agreed. So I've been looking for new recipes. Mostly this means I watch the Barefoot Contessa while the kid naps or I search Allrecipes.com with the ingredients we have on hand. When I grocery shop now, I shop for the pantry, rarely for specific recipes.

A friend recently showed me a white eggplant Alfredo recipe that I really want to try, but I haven't been able to find any white eggplant.

Today, I'm hoping to finish the action draft of chapter two of the vampire WIP and to start on the draft. With the husband gone, there will be a lot less to clean up (I love you, honey!) so I'll be able to spend a lot more time writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment