Tuesday, January 3, 2012

On Writing in the New Year: Resolutions

Making resolutions isn't something I only do once a year, but the first of January always gives me special occasion to reexamine the previous year's goals and resolutions and to make new ones for the coming year.

Eight months of 2011 were devoted to learning about the publishing industry, learning about self-publishing, and fumbling my way around blogging, Tweeting, and releasing the first few books. I'm coming into 2012 with a little bit of knowledge and experience--and that's only good enough to point me in the direction of more knowledge and more experience.

So here they are, my 2012 Resolutions:

  • I will finish every story I start, even if I don't share it. 
  • I will take risks, try new things, and avoid The Rut.
  • I will finish the vampire novel.
  • I will do my very best to offer readers something new every month.
  • I will do my very best to blog consistently and offer quality content.
  • I will seek out more guest posters.
  • I will read one book a month (because a writer who does not read isn't much of a writer).
  • I will learn more about publishing, self-publishing, promotion, marketing. 
  • I will remember to check my email, Twitter, and Facebook regularly. 
  • I will more actively market my work.

This is going to be an exciting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment