Saturday, April 14, 2012

SitRep Saturday: Prices and Right This Time

This was definitely a vacation week. I tried to stay on top of work but I wasn't terribly successful.

As far as prices go, I saw a boost in sales the first few hours after I upped the price of Cass to $1.99... by a single book. I saw a more significant bump--four books--the night I lowered the price. The book is selling pretty much the same as it was before the price change (approximately two books a day), so it looks like the current price point is as good as it gets. My next experiment, I think, will be either The Cowboy Next Door or the new one, Right This Time.

Speaking of Right This Time, I have it drafted and cleaned up a bit, I have a cover image for it... Oh, here, I'll share:


I think it nicely reflects the tone of the piece. At least, I hope it does.

This story is a bitch to edit, though. I think it's just because I lost sight of the characterization some. I've been so scatterbrained that it's hard to focus. I'm trying to get that--and my muse with his clear, strong voice--back.

No comments:

Post a Comment