Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday Miscellany


My Plug Your Book post is still open and my indiereleaseparty email is still accepting messages. I figure I'll give this venture another week before I make any decisions.

Last night, I finally made it into chapter four of editing! I've realized that it will definitely need another pass, which is cool, but I'm still hoping to send it off to beta readers by the end of the week. If you're interested in an advance reader copy of a short (roughly 15,000 words) romance, please let me know, either in a comment here or an email.

I'm almost halfway done with The Iron Admiral: Conspiracy by Greta van der Rol and I. am. in. love. The last time I read a non-Star Wars book that hooked me so completely was Elizabeth Moon's Once A Hero. The worldbuilding is masterful, the characters are wonderful (and the author does not succumb to the impulse to make them Mary Sue and Gary Stu), the mystery is exciting, and--in my opinion, the best part--the action sequences are just perfect! As if all of that wasn't awesome enough, the sex is great, too! Seriously. I keep having full-on fangirl attacks.

Today, I'm baking bread and dinner rolls. It's cool enough and I felt like it, so I figured, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment