Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Miscellany: On Seeing Family, Christmas & WIPs

My sister's flight got in at 8:00 this morning. I haven't seen her in 22 months, so this is a huge treat for both of us. She's here for at least three months and, if we can get the paperwork in order, maybe six months. It's wonderful. My daughter is being her cautious little self and my sister has crashed (jet lag), but it's already just wonderful to have her here and have them together.

Before I had my daughter, I wasn't a big fan of the Christmas. It was all right, and I have many wonderful childhood Christmas memories, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. Now that she's here, however, I have a whole new appreciation for it. I am ready. I can't wait to see her face Christmas morning when she wakes up to her new Cozy Coupe and dolls.

Hard to Hold has undergone a few changes, and I've padded the action draft by a few hundred words. I'm still on track to finish the first draft by the end of next week or so. Did I mention that I think I even have a book cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment