Friday, December 23, 2011

Resources: Publishing Part 2: Self-Publishing

Yesterday, we looked at traditional publishing and I pointed you in the direction of some resources you could use to learn about it. Even if you've already decided to self-publish, I strongly suggest learning everything you can about the traditional publishing industry. It affects self-publishing.

When I decided to self-publish, I read a lot. I read blogs and articles on and from traditional publishers and authors, and I read blogs and articles on and from self-published authors and independent presses. Just about everyone had something useful to share, some bit of information or advice I was able to add to what I'd already learned to deepen my understanding and better help me define my goals and set reasonable expectations.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: goals and reasonable expectations are musts if you go this route.


The Industry

No comments:

Post a Comment