Saturday, December 17, 2011

SitRep Saturday: Cowboys and Titles

The good news is that the new cowboy WIP is action-drafted. I'm cleaning it up in the other window and working out things like awkward conversations and characterization. I managed to finish it yesterday morning and I feel pretty good about it.

The bad news is that I spent most of the time writing it asking my muse and characters, "What the hell?" Originally, this story was supposed to be a relatively short one-shot featuring some psychological sadism and some awkward interpersonal interaction. While it still has those things, it has become a romance rather than the erotica I had planned. This is okay because I wanted to alternate erotica and romance, but... seriously, what? After the first fifteen hundred words, my plot went to hell and I was left with characters who decided that they ran the show. I had two choices: follow them, or scrap the whole thing. I chose to follow the characters.

As a result, it may (read: probably will) be getting a title change. It may also end up with a new book cover. I'm sure I'll have more to report on Monday and next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment