Saturday, February 4, 2012

SitRep Saturday: One Good Cowboy and This Time Around

One Good Cowboy is completely drafted--again--and I've started the editing process--again. I feel much better about the story this time. The characters are right, the situation is right, the setting is right, the development is right. It's open-ended and the prospect of a longer sequel featuring a bigger conflict looms. So, too, does the prospect of a spin-off sequel featuring Heather's first target. I'm shooting to have it finished by next week, but you know how best intentions go.

Last night (okay, early this morning), I ended up listening to my muse and wrote the 3700 word action draft of a story tentatively titled This Time Around. Eric and Cynthia are thirty-somethings getting a second chance at intimate relationships. I really love their characters. It's a departure from my normal work just a bit, but I'm pleased with it. I'm pretty excited about getting the chance to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment