Thursday, February 2, 2012

Self-Publishing: On Sales (December 2011)

At the end of December, I posted about my sales data. I included data through November of 2011 since December's sales figures were not yet final. Now that January is over, December's sales figures are final and I thought, hey, why not share them again.

As before, I'm not sure this will be a regular thing, but for now, it seems useful to share my information with fellow self-published authors.

First, my last sales snapshot:


I put my first book out in August and my fourth in December. All four of my available titles are around 10,000 words, so I've priced them at $0.99. I've also run several free promotions at Smashwords.

Here are my numbers for November and December:



I would credit adding the fourth book for nearly doubling my sales, but the fact is that the bulk of all sales between November and December actually came from just one book. That one book definitely affected the rest of my book sales, but I suspect that even without the other three, that book would be selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment