Saturday, July 23, 2011

SitRep Saturday: Cass Gets Her Kicks

I spent most of the week working on Cass Gets Her Kicks. All four stories are drafted, I am pretty sure I have a book cover, and I've written up the summary and the acknowledgments.

Here's the book cover I think I'm going with:


And here's the "back cover" summary I worked up:
"Cass Reed had always dreamed of crossing America on Historic Route 66. Recently divorced and determined to make a new life for herself far away from her ex-husband and his pregnant mistress, she set out for Los Angeles in a lovingly-restored vintage car.
After a long, boring drive from Chicago, she stops in Galena, Kansas at a roadside motel and promptly finds the nearest bar. There Cass meets the young mechanic, Gavin, who shows her that some men are very good at following orders and that the Magic Fingers still have their uses.
Still relishing the memory of Gavin, Cass stops next in Vega, Texas. She visits another local bar on impulse, where she meets cowboys Joe and Miguel who are only too happy to give Cass a night to remember.
The drive out of Vega does little to arouse her interests, so Cass makes a stop in Santa Rosa, New Mexico to do laundry and break up the monotony. In a laundromat, she meets Felicia, who invites her out to her grandfather's ranch for a swim in a private lake and an afternoon that expands her horizons.
Finally, in Flagstaff, Arizona, Cass stops early. After a full afternoon at the local spa, she books a room at a famous motel and heads to the cocktail lounge for drinks. There she meets Angela and her husband Kevin who invite Cass to celebrate Kevin's birthday with them. In a red room on the third floor, she learns that exhibitionism and teamwork are keys to a happy birthday.
Each erotic short was written to be read and fully enjoyed in half an hour or less. The stories contained in this short anthology are sexually explicit and intended only for mature audiences."
I'm sure it'll undergo a couple of edits before I settle on the final wording, but I still feel pretty accomplished.

Today, I hope to have the first revision of "Galena" done and sent off to a beta reader.

I also worked a little bit on Strawberry Moon this week. I've settled on a POV and a more specific genre for the novel. As soon as I'm done with Cass Gets Her Kicks, I'll be going back to Strawberry Moon to start hacking it apart and sewing it back together.

2 comments:

  1. I like the design, and I joined your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and thank you! I tried finding your blog, but when I clicked on your profile, it only showed me the blogs you follow. Can you link me?

    ReplyDelete