Thursday, March 8, 2012

Self-Publishing: On Sales (January 2012)

I've posted on sales twice before, here and here, and figured I'd just keep going. These posts give me a good reason to reflect on my strategies and analyze the figures. Sales figures are final for January now, so let's look at them.


January's figures aren't as nice as December's, but I kind of expected that. I did see a spike in sales early in the month, something I attributed to people getting home from traveling and finally getting a chance to use their gift cards and really play with their new ereaders. I also didn't release anything new in January, like I hoped, so those sales are from the same four books and the same one book comprised the bulk of sales.

Those numbers aren't disappointing to me. Of course they aren't--any sale is exciting for me. I'm pretty proud of my numbers, all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment