Saturday, March 10, 2012

SitRep Saturday: The Joys of Pre-Writing

Update on One Good Cowboy: I'm still a few pages out from being finished and insecurity has gripped me tight, so I'll want at least one more editing pass from the beginning. I have a problem with the passive. I need to solve that problem immediately.

I wasn't totally unproductive this week, as noted by the actual blog posts I did, but most of what I accomplished was behind-the-scenes work. I did a lot of pre-writing for my next few projects. The Duct Tape & Pancakes anthology has been mapped out and I've identified the plot peaks, another short anthology has been outlined and the plots have been summarized. I've named characters, worked out basic occupations, and scribbled out setting ideas. I even have the beginnings of two other stories. Go me!

In non-real progress, I've been thinking a lot about The Guest and the other two novels I want to write. I just don't know if I have the attention span for them.

1 comment:

  1. The behind-the-scene work is what keeps most of us really busy. I really admire those with a hectic life still being able to do what you did. You really are superwoman, like my friend Jenni with her seven kids and she's spitting out novel after novel. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete