Saturday, May 7, 2011

SitRep Saturday: Vampires!

I did not post a sitrep last week. Shame on me. I did work the week before last; I actually had chapters four through twelve action-drafted by last Saturday. Go me.

This week, I can report that the whole novel is action-drafted, and that the first chapter has been drafted for real. The action-draft totals nearly 26,000 words and chapter one is 4,992 words as it sits now. I think 60,000 - 70,000 is a reasonable expectation for the novel's final word count.

I have been miserably sick this week, so I haven't gotten as much done as I wanted, but all in all, I don't think it's a bad week's work.

Maybe next week, I'll recover, and by next Saturday, I can report that I have the first five chapters drafted. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment