Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Apologies, Situation Report, and Angst

First, an apology: I'm so sorry I haven't written since May 19th! I've been on Twitter, and I've been on tumblr, and I even (today) figured out how to create a Facebook fan page. I have also been sick, and caring for a sick kid, and... oh, yeah, finishing the first draft of what I'm currently calling Strawberry Moon.

Yes, that's right. THE FIRST DRAFT IS FINISHED! Right now, I'm working on the revision. The word count when I started was 40,235, but right now, I'm on page five (Times New Roman, 12-point font, one-inch margins) and the word count is currently 39,951. I expect the story to come in at a little over 40,000 when I'm done. There will be a lot to add in the later chapters, and a lot to cut especially in chapter two, but I'm comfortable with the expected word count.

Writing is hard, you guys. Writing is so hard. I'm suicidal once a day, and I usually start longing for the sweet bliss of an alcoholic haze by about noon each day, but that's just part of being a neurotic mess known as a writer. But I'm making it through. I don't think I'll make the June 30 deadline I hoped for, but I will definitely have this sucker finished this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment