Saturday, June 25, 2011

SitRep Saturday: Strawberry Moon and Other Projects

Happy Saturday, dear readers!

Yes, I am in a good mood. Why do you ask?

The situation with Strawberry Moon is as follows: I have printed it out (133 pages, double spaced to make it easier to make notes) and have made handwritten notes and revisions on 106 pages; I have discovered that I will have to rearrange some events and add a pivotal scene; and there is no way I am going to be finished with it by the end of the month, but that's okay, because I will be finished by the end of the summer.

I read Chuck Wendig's "25 Things You Should Know About Writing A Novel" and decided that it was okay to see other projects while I work on the novel. Strawberry Moon was killing me a little, which is normal (it's funny what "normal" is for writers) and for most of my writing life, I've been a short story writer, so a novel really tries my ability to focus. For the last... oh, six or seven years or so, I've been writing smut. So I wrote some smut. It's definitely not YA friendly, a fact which made my husband nervous when I announced that I had action-drafted and begun the draft of an erotic short and that I had plans to expand it into a three- or four-story arc featuring the same female character and that there was a chance I would end up putting it out first, but I'm not as nervous. I'm a little nervous--of course I am!--but I trust the audience.

So I have that sitting on my computer. I have also decided to revise and edit an old story I wrote probably ten years ago called "Invitation to Eden" with the intention of posting it on the website. My website is sadly lacking in content.

That, my friends, is the situation. I'm going to try to be more diligent about posting, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment