Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blog Roundup: July 25 - 31, 2011

From Sirra's blog this week, there was a third installment of her #writetip tweets. (You can find the first and second installments here and here, respectively.) They're all very good tips, but I like the personal touches she adds with the #stabby and #StrokeJob hashtags.

Heather Adkins posted this week at her blog about formatting your ebook for Smashwords. It's in five parts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) but seems to be well worth it. At the very least, it's one more resource at your disposal.

Chuck Wendig posted on writers and rock stars. It, like pretty much everything else the man seems to have ever written, is NSFW, and, of course, worth it. Just don't drink anything while you read his blog. I mean it. You should also probably read the most recent installment of his "25 Things" series.

Imran Siddiq posted Twitter tips! They're pretty good tips. The "tweet regularly" and "interact" tips apply to any social networking, I think. I also think there's some merit in his "follow selectively" tip. I do follow what, for me, is a really high number of people. And I will continue to follow more, I'm sure, when I find people who interest me or who offer something I find useful. Twitter is a great place to get information and meet fellow indie authors.

Victoria Schwab is so adorable that sometimes it hurts. Her first book comes out in a couple of weeks, and she's doing a giveaway on her blog to celebrate. I love her enthusiasm. It's hard not to be completely thrilled for her (and to really want her book!) when I read one of her posts or tweets.

I slacked on my reading this week since I've been spending so much time editing the stories for Cass. When I wasn't editing, I was working on drafting blog posts. Excuses, excuses. Still, the above posts are the ones that stuck out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment