Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Miscellany

Last night, I finished the first round of edits for "Santa Rosa, NM," the third story in Cass Gets Her Kicks and my first-ever lesbian erotica piece. I need to read it over before I send it off to the betas, but I think I'm pretty proud of it. As long as I keep up this pace, I should be on track to have the collection submitted to Smashwords and Amazon by August 15th. I just have to stay focused.

A friend of mine reminded me of Hyperbole and a Half, and I spent some time reading those posts late last night. Know what else I discovered through that blog? Word Bubbles. Try it! It's fun!

The next blog post on less-common homophones is taking up so much time. I don't feel like it's going very well. I may put off finishing it for a while and focus on either the e-reader post or the confusing/misused words post. I'm not sure. I do know that once these are done, I'll be researching punctuation to review. 

Over the weekend, I discovered Melissa & Joey, a sitcom on ABC Family that stars Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence. The noise I make every time I see the title screen is somewhat embarrassing. I love sitcoms and, like most people my age, I grew up watching Blossom, Clarissa Explains It All, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Seeing them all grown up is weird, but completely enjoyable. It's just a fun show. It certainly doesn't hurt that Mel's wardrobe is perfect.

In completely personal news, today is special for three reasons: it's my mom's birthday (Hi, Mom!); my husband was promoted to sergeant this morning; and today is the first day of the month in which my daughter turns a year old. It's kind of a big day for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment