Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Not-So-Monday Miscellany: Tim Armstrong

Yesterday, I spent the whole day working to finish the first draft of the new romance novelette. I succeeded! It needs three to five thousand more words, though, so I still have quite a bit of work to do, but the second stage of the writing process is complete.

For this week's miscellany post, I thought I'd share some fangirl-worthy work from Tim Armstrong. Tim is the frontman for California-based punk band Rancid (they're amazing, you should check them out) (but if you're not into punk, he also co-wrote most of the songs on P!nk's Try This and he is involved with/has been involved with Operation Ivy, the Transplantssolo work, and a film) and I love him. The summer my husband was deployed, I saw Rancid four times. I have three Rancid-inspired tattoos with plans for a fourth. And I wore an Operation Ivy t-shirt to my wedding reception. Tim is a fantastically talented musician and artist. I'm a fan, is what I'm saying. 

Recently, he rolled out Tim Timebomb's ROCKNROLL THEATER. There's music. There's dancing. There's scantily-clad girls, a timeless story, and a terrifyingly-mustachioed Davey Havok. You can watch the trailer here. Unfortunately, it's not available in my country. There are ways around that (an IP masker, for example; or an online bootleg) so if it isn't available in your country and you want to see it, some Google searching should set you up. 

If none of that interests you, there's always this: 

Unfortunately, I have no idea who took this picture. I wish I did, I'd like to bake him/her some cupcakes.

The man belongs on a romance novel cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment