Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blog Roundup: October 17 - 23, 2011

I stumbled across this post at Chuck Wendig's blog that is an entertaining, colorful assortment of insults aimed at making me feel bad about my crappy self-published book. I laughed. It's got a lot of good points. He also had this guest post on his blog this week that is all about getting your book--you real dead-tree book, be it self-published or traditionally-published--into bookstores. And, as usual, he has a fantastic 25 things post.

Stella Deleuze posted about dialogue attributes. If you're uncertain about your dialogue skills, or if you just want a refresher, it's an excellent post.

Angel Zapata's publisher has gone under, so she's asking that readers not buy her book.

Isis Rushdan hosted J.L. Campbell, who wrote about what she has learned from blogging and publishing.

James Killick wrote about five ways to banish drama from your scenes. The tongue-in-cheek quality of it made me chuckle even as I mentally filed away the lessons he's sharing.

I thought this guest post at Keystrokes and Word Counts was interesting. I'm always fascinated by the way other writers work, so seeing that Melissa Dominic uses a sketchbook was pretty cool.

This post at Paperback Writer discusses and shows the results of a really fun-looking writing exercise. I think I'll be trying that the next time I'm suffering the dreaded writer's block.

Sirra posted another round of #writetips from her Twitter feed.

If you're not reading The Bookshelf Muse, you're doing yourself a disservice. This recent guest post about promotion, in particular, is quite helpful.

2 comments:

  1. Ellie, I really have gotten a kick out of your blog. Hope you don't mind, I nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award. ;D

    You can check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.O Oh, wow. First of all, I'm so glad you enjoy my blog. And second, whoa, thank you! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete