Saturday, October 22, 2011

SitRep Saturday: Vampires, Romance, and Secret Projects



The new working title for my vampire WIP is The Guest. I did some Googling and there shouldn't be much confusion between my novel about a bad vampire and the main notable work with that title. So that's settled. I have also decided not to worry about classifying it yet. I struggled with the fact that the story seemed to be demanding material that was not appropriate for a YA audience, but my most recent project--as well as some reading I've done--has convinced me that it's okay. I have to be true to the story first and foremost. Then I can worry about everything else.

My romance novelette is coming along nicely. I'm about 40% through the action draft. I had hoped to be more done by now, but life had other plans. I'm not worried. I know I'll have it finished and I'll start editing next week. It still doesn't have a title.

The third bit of work news is a piece I'm in the action-draft stage of now and it's amazing because I feel like I'm getting back to who I am as a writer. I feel like I'm really finding my voice with it. For a number of years, I was kind of lost; I let life sidetrack me, confuse me, and lose me. Not anymore. The piece I'm writing now, when it's finished, will be hot, funny, sweet, and make the reader vaguely uncomfortable. I am very excited.

Oh. I will also probably keep up the All About Editing posts next week. I have a few more ideas to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment