Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Miscellany: A Mouthful of Title & Things To Do

Is Take a Chance on the Cowboy too long a title for a novelette-length story? It's the title that keeps popping up as "best," the title I keep circling in my notebook, the title that most efficiently captures the spirit of the story... but I hesitate because it seems like such a mouthful.

This week, I have a to-do list that fills an entire average-sized notebook page. I almost wish I could take a picture of it. Among things I need to take care of are blog posts on publishing resources and sales figures, finding a widget to help me track sales, and generating a tag cloud for this blog. So look for all of those things this week!

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to consider how your title will look on an e-book cover. On that score, I'd say it's too long. But, as usual, it's up to you.

    Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a nice chuckle over this comment because that's exactly what I decided last night! Lol. I did a quick and ugly mockup of a book cover and the title just sort of wanders all over the image. It's not pretty. Looks like it's back to the titles list for me.

    Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, too! (I'm planning to read Supertech and Morgan's Choice instead of getting any work done next week. I can't wait!)

    ReplyDelete