Sunday, June 10, 2012

Blog Roundup: J. A. Konrath - A Newbie's Guide to Publishing

J. A. Konrath is a pretty successful self-published author who also runs a pretty successful publishing blog. A Newbie's Guide to Publishing is an incredible self-publishing resource and an inspiring story. I covered him a little bit in my Nine Things post on blogs run by writers for writers.

I'm not a dedicated Konrath follower. I read his blog once a week, sometimes once every two weeks, and I skim posts before I decide to read them. I'm not a big fan of his fondness for calling people "pinheads" and I'm a long-time Internet user, so I almost never read comments on provocative blogs like his. But he does offer posts of value, particular and unique insight into the publishing industry, and he seems to be well-connected so when he hosts a guest post, it's usually a pretty good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment