Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Miscellany: Movies!

One of the things I'm planning to do with this time off is see a bunch of movies I've missed since I did that silly thing and fell in love, then started a family. I used to be a huge movie nerd. Huge. So huge I seriously considered applying to USC to get into the film school. In the days before IMDB, I was the movie database for my family, my parents' friends, and some of my friends.

And then I met the love of my life (an actual person) and, well... some things became less important than spending time with him and working. I still went to the theater about four times a month, but that was only four times a month, and I wasn't renting three or four movies every Saturday night anymore.

The only genre of movie I tend to avoid is romantic comedies. I'm not a fan. I make exceptions, however, if I'm a big fan of the lead actor or actress or if it's a story I'm particularly fond of. I also make exceptions if I've been drinking tequila. I don't know what it is about tequila, but it always makes me want to watch chick flicks. I saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past in the theater because of tequila. Oh, yeah. I sobered up halfway through. That is not a movie I recommend seeing sober.

One of the chick flicks I'm planning to see is What's Your Number? which stars Anna Faris and Chris Evans. Anna Faris is an actress I make an exception for. The same goes for Chris Evans. (Have you guys seen the Scary Movie spoofs or House Bunny? Or Not Another Teen Movie or The Losers? Those are all good times.) Actually, I'm hoping to work my way through all of the Chris Evans movies I've missed since the Fantastic Four. Apparently, there's a great indie one in which he plays a drug-addicted lawyer.

I'd like to get caught up on the Jason Bourne movies because I loved the first one and I'm really excited about the next one. I haven't seen The King's Speech or Black Swan and I've heard great things about Blue Valentine. I'd like to see The Resident all the way through because Jeffrey Dean Morgan makes my heart beat a little faster. I missed the latest Sherlock Holmes movie. Jensen Ackles did a couple of movies--My Bloody Valentine and Ten Inch Hero--that I missed and I'd like to see.

And I haven't even touched on the movies I want to see for the actresses, the screenwriters, or the directors!

It's going to be a busy month.

No comments:

Post a Comment