Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blog Roundup: January 23 - 29, 2012

Chuck Wendig is a busy man but he still found time to post 25 Things Writers Should Know About Agents this week.

Greta van der Rol posted this thoughtful and thought-provoking post about "over-engineering writing." I swear, sometimes it's like she lives in my brain. This has been on my mind a lot lately, when I've been obsessing over my own work and obsessing over structure and plot and blah blah blah to the point that I couldn't even enjoy one of my favorite TV shows. I may have to make "letting go and just doing" a February resolution...

Sierra Godfrey guest posted over at Roni Loren's blog about web space for authors. Sierra seems so smart and level-headed and she really lays out the basics of blog vs. website. Roni also posted her Fill-Me-In Friday post.

Avery Olive consolidated the information about Goodreads policy changes over in her Rescue Your Goodreads Book post.

James Killick wrote about how professionals generate story ideas.

Over at Keystrokes and Word Counts, you can read about the perks of writing partners and the usefulness of Twitter.

I am a plotter, so Paperback Writer's 10 Things to Help You Outline Your Novel was a good post for me.

Agent Kristin at Pub Rants wrote about focus and how important it is to a beginning writer.

Stella Deleuze posted about her experience with KDP Select.

Paul Dorset talked about his thoughts on KDP Select, too.

Written Words hosted Stephen Legault who talked about the importance of having a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment