Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Miscellany: Blog Posts, To-Do Lists, New Computers

It's Monday! You know what that means? You should go buy Stella Deleuze's Candlelight Sinner.

It also means that I have a random-ish post for you. And on the day of, too! How exciting for us all.

Tomorrow, I will be posting an author interview with Stella Deleuze. Be warned: she is adorable, intelligent, and funny. If you haven't noticed already, this blog is a fangirl-friendly zone, so feel free to squee over her as you see fit.

I finally buckled down this weekend and started breaking my to-do list into smaller, more manageable chunks based entirely on answering the question, "What do I have to accomplish to make me happy today?" Being "happy" for me is pretty much entirely reliant on being "productive" so that's a valid question. I managed to accomplish all of my to-do list yesterday and I'm on top of today's list, too.

One thing on today's to-do list that I'm not really looking forward to is calling Amazon. My Kindle has stopped working and I am kind of beside myself over it. I don't want to buy a new one. I like the one I have. If we can't get it fixed, though, I will end up buying a new one. It's silly that I've become so reliant on such a meaningless piece of technology, but I really, really love my Kindle. It makes reading so much easier. It gives me portable access to books like Candlelight Sinner and Morgan's Choice and it makes it easy for me to carry around The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Gone with the Wind.

I have mostly gotten my new computer set up the way I want it. I have all the programs I think I need and I've even started working on it (this post and the last one were written from it, I've written over 2,000 words of One Good Cowboy on it). It's strange adjusting to a full-size keyboard and to a screen on which I can actually see my entire blog and website, but it's working out well so far.

Do you want to see my new desktop image? Of course you do! It's Tim Armstrong. (At least until I commission the painting of Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian from Kelsey McCarthy.) This photo is, apparently, from the 2007 KROQ Weenie Roast.


That sound you heard was me sighing happily.

2 comments:

  1. A very millitant call to buy Candlelight Sinner. hahaha.

    Sorry for your kindle being broken. I would hate it too! Iheard Amazon is rather wonderful re customer service, so they might just exchange the old with a new one. Hope it will work out fine.

    I should do a 'what I want to accomplish this year' list... But knowing me, I wouldn't even get half of it done. There's always something that keeps me from doing things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it worked? Lol.

    That's what I'm hoping for. I haven't called yet because I'm so nervous about it. I have to get on that today, sigh.

    Me, too! I had that problem for a long time and I still do sometimes. I just can't stand not being productive, though, I don't like the way it feels. If I define my goals, I know when I'm successful.

    ReplyDelete