Monday, October 17, 2011

Blog Roundup: October 10 - 16, 2011

In honor of Halloween (I guess), Chuck Wendig posted 25 Things You Should Know About Writing Horror.

Stella Deleuze made a fun post about the behind-the-scenes of novel writing. It made me smile.

Amanda Hocking posted a rant (sort of) about the whole "million books sold" deal. She makes an excellent, simple point: write well. The sales come later, the writing comes first.

If you write erotica or romance or some combination of the two, Erotic Romance should be on your blogroll. The industry information is invaluable.

Into The Morning has a useful "mini rant" on blogs. I, for one, am always looking for little things to improve and tweak here and at my website, so I enjoy finding these posts.

If you're reading this blog, you're probably a writer. And you probably have people in your life who don't "get it." Direct them to this post at James Killick's blog. It's a good summary of the creative process, I think.

Keystrokes and Word Counts, in their new home, had three posts on preparing for NaNoWriMo. If you're going to participate, I strongly suggest preparing.

I recently discovered Sierra Godfrey's blog. This is another one I recommend you add to your blogroll for posts like why blogging works for writers and writerly afflictions. Any place that combines humor and information is my kind of place.

Sirra shared another round of writing tips.

Written Words is doing a series on "GRIP" (goal, reader, idea, plan). If you're a plotter, especially if you're a new plotter, it's worth checking out.

Your Cover Uncovered has a new cover review up.

No comments:

Post a Comment