Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monday Miscellany: I don't wanna!

I'm just going to start this post by saying that I don't really want to be making it. I don't feel like I have anything terribly interesting to say. But I'm doing it, anyway, because I really need to get better at blogging, and I need to work on creating more original content, and, hell, my blog is so much prettier now that I want something new to pretend to look at so I can admire the colors a little more today.

Over the weekend, I did a lot of housework and a lot of writing. I mean, a lot of housework. I let it go for way too long. The thing is, I write so much better when my house is clean. (I should mention here that it's not like they were nominating me for "Hoarders," but it just wasn't clean enough.) Want evidence? I'm done with the last two action-drafts of the stories for Cass Gets Her Kicks. I finished the final action draft today, during Lilly's nap. Next up, of course, is drafting. But most of my action draft is actual draft, anyway, so I'm not too worried.

I'm really, really excited about this project. I do my best work within six thousand words. Doing well is going to give me confidence to do well in the novel.

Today, I redesigned the website and changed the scheme here on the blog to match it. I need to do the same thing to my Twitter, you know, for the sake of continuity. What do you think? It's still DIY, but I do plan to hire a professional eventually. I'm just prioritizing right now. I also haven't added any Easter eggs yet, but I will. I love when my favorite sites have a little something extra, so I need to get on that.

I also need to get on editing some stories to put up. I do plan to post the first Cass Reed story there--behind appropriate "Adults Only" warnings--when it's ready to go. I still have to work on a story called "Invitation to Eden." It needs serious work, but at its core, it's solid.

My dad is a professional photographer. We discussed it tonight, and I will be helping him get his photos out there. Poor old man, he's hopeless when it comes to social networking. I'll keep you posted on this as I complete each step.

Unfortunately, I haven't read anything useful or visited any websites worth writing home about over the last few days. It looks like this entry is just filler. Sorry for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment