Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blog Roundup: August 15 - 21, 2011

I love this post from Amanda Hocking. I think it's important to have these sort of re-realizations sometimes. I also love this post, because it's such a totally exciting thing that her books are getting new covers.

I am not exactly sure what Ms. Charbonneau is getting at in this post. Not only did I not notice Amazon doing the rounding-up (which I guess is the point), but I also can't find evidence of it on the site (but maybe I just am not looking in the correct place). I understand her skepticism, but I'm just not that skeptical.

James Killick blogged on why you should give up writing right now. I'm still not deterred.

Keystrokes & Word Counts came through yet again with two great posts this week. One on social networking and not over-extending yourself and one on not feeding the trolls. If you click on no other links, click on that one.

Don't be a douche. Listen to Sirra.

Stella Deleuze blogged about creating believable scenes. Think about what you write. Even if a scene is science fiction or fantasy, I don't think it hurts to act it out and make sure that it makes sense.

The Bookshelf Muse has a post on impulsive as a character trait this week. I think I'm writing a character who could be described as impulsive...

Your Cover Uncovered took on a new book cover. I love this blog for the explanations behind the writer's opinion. I wish it was updated more frequently simply because I'm not very graphically inclined and this is such a great blog. (Yes, I'm being selfish.)

Chuck Wendig posted about the bare-bones secret menu of writing advice. I think all of his advice is pretty sound (or it makes me laugh, whatever), but this really strips it down. Also, I think I want animal fries now.

Wow. It looks like it was kind of a light week for blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment