Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Miscellany: Happy Halloween!


Rebel Alliance, X-wing, Empire: Halloween 2010

The scary started when I got up early this morning to get a jump on my work. The kid is teething (as in, she's cutting five teeth at once right now) so she's clingy and cranky and generally just needs a lot of attention, so I've been neglecting my reading and blogging. I edited the first scene of Better Together and scribbled some meta about the characters, then broke out the Kindle a read a couple of Daddy-themed erotic short stories I bought last week on a whim.

They were awful. Just awful. One was worse than the other, but if I had read the second one without reading the first one, I would still be just as upset. It's not the fact that I picked a couple of misses that bothers me, though I do feel so strongly about them that you will be seeing negative reviews on my blog for the first time ever, it's the fact that they're so bad that they make me worry about my own writing. They made me feel insecure, anxious, and worried. I don't like it when things I read have that effect on me. I felt pretty good about Cass and Cowboy. I felt like they were the best possible stories I could have written. Now I'm not so sure.

Anyway, look for reviews for Camping with Daddy and Father Figure this week. I'm also working on a review for The Iron Admiral: Deception, the sequel to The Iron Admiral: Conspiracy. That review will be radioactive. I love those books. I love that author. I'm so enthusiastic that I'm pretty sure I come off looking like a sock puppet or a relative or an employee or something. I can't help it. They're just. so. good. I also started reading a book called Space Junque that already shows promise.

My goal this week is to finish editing Better Together and send it off to my betas. I would also like to outline each of the six stories in the upcoming WIP, Duct Tape & Pancakes. I jotted down some notes last night for another six-story anthology tentatively titled Forgive Me, Father, but we'll see where that goes.

Happy Halloween, readers! May you all have a fun and freaky day!

No comments:

Post a Comment