Saturday, October 1, 2011

SitRep Saturday: Vampires!



So this week, I had to completely rewrite the outline of Strawberry Moon. That title... I'm still not so sure about it, but that's the working title I'm going to continue to use. Anyway, so I rewrote the outline with much better action, several strong subplots, and a much better story flow. I also wrote some meta, and now my characters have good, solid histories--especially Victoria, my old woman, and Vincent, my vampire. I feel much more confident about the story as a whole now. Confidence was something I was lacking in the first incarnation.

I am currently writing the first chapter out by hand. Because it's by hand, it's very, very slow going. I'm almost done with it, though, a fact for which I am grateful. Once I'm done and I get it typed up, I'm going to try to write the rest on the computer. Though, I must admit, I write much better when I write by hand. Because it's slower, I stop and think about everything. I've made some poor word choices and I have some awkward sentences, but I'm writing with the knowledge that I have several rounds of editing ahead of me.

This entry's photo comes from Dreamstime.com and you should be able to click on it to go to the site and download the photo for yourself. I'm back in the process of finding the right book cover photo. Since the novel takes place entirely in the fictional Maine town of Millay Harbor (a place based on Castine, Maine), my searches so far have been for photos of Maine and the North Atlantic coast. I'm not worried about cover design yet, but it certainly doesn't hurt to look at images of my novel's setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment