Saturday, November 19, 2011

SitRep Saturday: Blog Posts, New Projects

On Monday night/Tuesday morning, I finished formatting Better with You and published at Smashwords and Amazon. I'm pretty pleased with it. That, like Cowboy, is a story that has been floating around in my head for years. Now that it's written, I can forget about it. That feels so good.

As a companion to my recent Before You Take The Plunge post, I have in the drafting stage a post on what writers should know and where they should go to learn about the publishing industry. I think lack of knowledge hurts writers more than anything else.

In other news, I'm currently working on a short story I hope to have finished and out under a third pen name by November 30th. I'm going with a third pen name rather than one of my other two because of content. My goal is to write everything I want to write and still make it easy for potential readers to choose what they think they'll like. The story has already been outlined and action-drafted and I even found the right book cover image. Final word count should be around 10,000 words. I'll have more to report next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment