Saturday, January 21, 2012

SitRep Saturday: "Do that again. But better."

One Good Cowboy has gotten a complete rewrite. In fact, I just might end up writing a blog post on my approach to it. I was really struggling--as I'm sure any of you regular readers can tell--so I scrapped everything I'd written so far (all twelve thousand words) and started over.

With dialogue.

I have all of the dialogue for the story written and I'm going in now to fill in the action parts. Once that's done, I'll start drafting, then editing. I'm still hoping to have it finished by the end of the month, but I'm not pushing it. I will, however, finish this story. I really like these characters and I really want to share the story. It feels like the start of something much bigger, too, so I want to see where it's going to take me.

Writing is hard. Sometimes it's frustrating. But it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment