Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Miscellany: Paragraphs, a Toddler, a Website, and Books

Paragraph by paragraph, I am editing One Good Cowboy. I still feel really good about it. I managed to do about 25% of it yesterday, but today has been something else entirely. Toddlers are moody little creatures. One day they want nothing to do with you and the next they're all up in your business insisting that you hold them while they sit on the couch and watch "Tangled" eleventy billion times. (I actually like the movie. It's really cute.) If it's not a movie, it's listening to Queen. (I was prepared to listen to, say, the Gummibear for six, seven hours at a time--I was not prepared to listen to "We Will Rock You" for six hours straight.) I can't and won't complain too much, though. She has the same cold I do. This thing sucks.

Recently, I discovered the tumblog UnFuck Your Habitat. It has been hugely helpful to me. The best thing about it is the way it's helping me change my mindset when it comes to housework, to be glad when I make any progress at all not only when I've finished a chore. Twenty minutes spent cleaning the kitchen (which I hate to do, seriously, I'd rather clean a toilet bare-handed) is still twenty minutes spent cleaning the kitchen, even if the kitchen doesn't sparkle like a Febreeze commercial.

As I mentioned, I managed to finish No Wings Attached, so look for a review of that, Supertech, and Morgan's Choice in the near future. I also have started Candlelight Sinner, so maybe I'll be done with that this week? We'll see. I should be back on the blogging bandwagon this week. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment