Saturday, March 3, 2012

SitRep Saturday: Real Progress! One Good Cowboy!

Guess what? I actually did some final-pass editing! I'm about halfway through the story and, you know, it's just not as bad as I feared. In fact, it's pretty good. If all goes well, I could have it finished and out by next week. This is very encouraging because it means I can start on my next project very soon.

Here's a very brief excerpt:

Heather inhaled sharply. “This is my bar. I'll treat my customers any damned way I please. If you don't like it,” she jerked a thumb toward the front door, “leave.”

“I haven't finished my beer.” He tipped the bottle, showing her just how little of his drink that he'd actually consumed.

She snatched it from his hand, her fingers brushing his. She felt the spark of electricity and ignored it. “Here, let me help.” She emptied the bottle into the stainless steel sink.

“Hey, I paid for that!”

She mustered her smuggest smirk and tossed the bottle into the recycling bin. “Now you don't have any reason to stay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment