Saturday, May 12, 2012

SitRep Saturday: Slacking and Experimentation

After I finished Right This Time and the formatting post this week, I slacked. I tend to do that once I finish a story. A way to clear my head of it and get ready to throw myself into the next one.

Which is already coming along nicely, I might add. The first story is done, as I've mentioned, and all three are named. I'm looking for a title for the anthology. It bothers me that I don't already have one, but I'll get over it.

What I did do this week was go back to experimenting in fandom. I've mentioned it before, I'm sure, but I used to use fanfiction as a way to develop my skills. I learned a lot about writing, figuring out how to appeal to a target audience, and interacting with that audience in the years I spent in fandom. This week, I started testing Calibre's ability to convert files from PRC to EPUB, MOBI, LRF, PDB, and PDF. The formatting looks okay, but I'm going to play around with it more. I also started using sendspace. See, I've been thinking of opening my own store to sell my books directly. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that. I think I'll probably end up taking a page from Tim Timebomb's book and setting up a WePay store where readers can buy the book directly and, once payment clears, provide the buyer with a direct link to download. Maybe. Like I said, I'm experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment