Saturday, April 21, 2012

SitRep Saturday: Bad News and Good News

All right, the bad news first: I did not finish Right This Time this week. I've made it about a page and a half into the edits, which isn't bad, but it isn't great, either. I'm still hopeful that I'll be done soon. Mostly because I have about five other projects I'm ready to work on.

There's quite a bit of good news. Sales are picking back up again. Not much, but a little, and that feels good. I went through my personal online journal the other night and discovered several stories that I started and they're actually really good. One of them is being added to the list I plan for a God-themed erotica anthology and one is going to be written for a fandom I left last year as a final hurrah. There are others, originals, that I'll edit and find homes for, even if that home is just my website as samples of my writing.

The final piece of good news is this: my new tumblr blog. I've had a personal tumblr for a while and I love it. This is where my target demographic spends some of their free time (and I know this because I and my friends are part of my target demographic). This is where I learned about and decided to read The Hunger Games and The Haunted Vagina. This is where I find book recs and find out about some of the free books I've picked up and it's where I learn what my friends/fandom acquaintances are reading. So far, I only have three entries up, but I have one or two entries in the queue and I'm working on more. That blog differs from this blog in that over there, it's all about readers, while here, it's all about writers and fellow self-pubbers. I'll let you know how the experiment goes. I'm hopeful.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you've got my attention. What's God-themed erotica?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's erotica that uses God or religion as an aphrodisiac, I guess is the best way to put it. It's blasphemous, I'm sure, but religious experiences can be incredible and intense and... well, so can orgasms! I've written a few stories before and they've been well-received in their intended communities, so I thought I'd experiment again.

    ReplyDelete