Sunday, June 3, 2012

Blog Roundup: Chuck Wendig

This month, we're doing something a little bit different. Rather than rounding up all the best posts of the week from the writing blogs I follow, I'm going to pick a writing blogger and share with you some of my favorite posts from that blog. Today, we're going to look at Chuck Wendig.

Every week, I devote at least one roundup paragraph to him--and for good reason. Every week (or at least almost every week) he has a simple 25 Things post detailing twenty-five things you, as a writer, need to consider. This week it was writing the first chapter of your novel. Last week, it was reasons to quit writing. There are a ton of these posts and they're all sound posts.

I'm not saying it's all the gospel truth and you should just follow him blindly, but I am saying that the man is saying things worth hearing. Even if you're generally averse to profanity, I still think he's worth checking out. Sometimes we need to be shocked out of our comfort zone.

If you don't have his website bookmarked, go ahead and do it now. I'll wait. All done? Good.

Want to read what he has to say about writing but you don't want to read it in blog form? He has books. 250 Things. 500 Ways. 500 More Ways.

He seems to know what he's talking about. And even if he doesn't, he's good enough at BS to make me believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment