Saturday, June 2, 2012

SitRep Saturday: Time For Vacation

Remember last week when I wrote about how I'd abandoned real life and work in favor of being a fangirl? This week hasn't been much better. In fact, I'd say it has been worse because I went back to the movies to see The Avengers for a second time and I won't even try to count how many times I watched Captain America: The First Avenger this week.

Unprofessional? Perhaps. But I was talking to a friend yesterday and I realized just how desperately I need a vacation. An author I admire a great deal posted in his blog about receiving a book on the subject of how writing (creating) can become more work than fun and how important it is to get the fun back. Right now, I feel like I'm stagnating. I feel like I need to do something to figure out what I'm doing and where I'm going and I need to get back to having fun. I think fun is a key part of this.

So I'm going to take off this month. Over the next few days, I'm going to be working to write posts to queue up. There's no reason my readers (few as you are) have to suffer. And while I'm "off" I'm going to see what I can do to regain the fun of writing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I'm feeling the same way. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete